Losing data on post (sorta)

Jeff jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Fri May 9 19:02:36 EDT 2003

I have a form that has a multi-select dropdown. When the user clicks
'submit' the data is posted to a "confirmation" form. The confirmation
form checks the data. If there is an error, the user goes back to the
form. 1 out of 3 times when you go back and forth between the form and
the confirmation page, the posted data from the dropdown is "lost." Yes,
in the form everything is still selected but it doesn't post.

Any clues?

I'm using IE 6 in case that's the issue. Further, I'm using sessions.
Some sample code is below. (It's quite possible I'm doing something
wrong here.)

Jeff
=============================

Code from the very top of the form the user fills out.

	session_start();
	header("Cache-control: private");  //IE 6 Fix
	session_register('srDE_sCompanyName', 'srDE_sFname',
'srDE_sLname', 'srDE_sAddr1',

'srDE_sAddr2','srDE_sCity','srDE_sState','srDE_sZipcode','srDE_sCountry'
,'srDE_sAreaCode',

'srDE_sPhone','srDE_sTollFree','srDE_sFax','srDE_sEmail','srDE_sURL','sr
DE_sDescription',
		'srDE_sCategories');

Code from the very top of the user confirmation form

	session_start();
	header("Cache-control: private"); // IE 6.0 Fix
	$root = getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT');
	include_once($root . '/include/global.inc.php');
	include_once($root .
'/include/dealer_search_submission.inc.php');

I get an error message (sometimes...as noted earlier) when I check the
value of this var: $_SESSION['srDE_sCategories'] . This is the variable
that stores the multiple categories.
Sometimes it has a value...sometimes it does not.