Help displaying "funky" characters using PHP

soazine@pop.erols.com soazine at pop.mail.rcn.net
Tue May 13 09:38:47 EDT 2003

<?= $vals[$index][attributes][QUESTION] ?>

The value of this 3-dim array displays just fine within my document,
unless, of course, the value contains "funky" (or foreign) characters, then
it comes across horribly scrambled.

What do you recommend I do to ensure that the value comes across just fine?
For example:

if $vals[$index][attributes][QUESTION] = "What is your favorite part of
V&#228;lsignalandet?"  Then it comes across rather nastily onscreen when I
want to see "a-umlaut" with the rest of the lettering intact.

Thanx
Phil

http://mail2web.com/ .