[nycphp-talk] Closing ?> tag

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Tue May 20 14:09:02 EDT 2003

D C Krook wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I noticed at Zeev's demo of the Zend Studio that he tended to leave off the
>end ?> tag when writing up sample code.

I noticed that too -- and I was happy to see it since the editor I use
(Quanta) seems to add blank lines at the end of my files sometimes, thus
wreaking havoc with header() calls. Delete the ?> tags, problem solved. Heh.

But seriously, it does seem a little sloppy. Is there any reason to
leave them off, other than to ensure that no unparsed output creeps into
your code?