[nycphp-talk] Closing ?> tag

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue May 20 23:56:37 EDT 2003

Folks:

Hans said:

> In included files using an end
> tag will only bite you in the end, and there is no reason for it; PHP will
> drop out of PHP parsing mode at the end of the file anyway.

I always use closing tags and use frequent header() calls, and have yet to
be bitten.  As others have mentioned, the docs say included files need to
be complete files, so items with opening tags need closing tags.

> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21891

I hate unclear and inconsistent docs, let alone behaviors!  I hope
that gets cleared up.

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/