[nycphp-talk] PHP Compatibility and Portability

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 14:23:42 EDT 2003

--- Tracy <tech_learner at yahoo.com> wrote:

> there is one PHP gallery available for download. i am not able to recollect
> exactly where i saw it but i checks the php version and helps the user to
> set the proper GD library installation. if the version is not wot is
> expected, it gives the msg to the user. is this some thing close to wot u
> want?

I think you might be speaking of http://gallery.sf.net.  It's functionality
is handy, but it depends on running in the environment that it checks, and
then reporting what it finds.  I'll need something that can report on
compatibility, etc. simply by looking at the source (lexical analysis).  So
far, nothing has jumped out at me, so the quest continues.

Thanks,