[nycphp-talk] fopen killed the script

LIAO YANG heli_travel at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 16:23:00 EDT 2003

Thanks for the hint! I just copied the following code from
php.net and used it,

I got this "[function.fopen]: failed to create stream: HTTP
request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found"

is this a configuration problem?

here is the code I copied from php.net:

// redefine the user error constants - PHP 4 only
define ("FATAL",E_USER_ERROR);
define ("ERROR",E_USER_WARNING);
define ("WARNING",E_USER_NOTICE);

// set the error reporting level for this script
error_reporting (FATAL | ERROR | WARNING);

// error handler function
function myErrorHandler ($errno, $errstr, $errfile, $errline) {
  switch ($errno) {
  case FATAL:
";
    echo "  Fatal error in line ".$errline." of file ".$errfile;
    echo ", PHP ".PHP_VERSION." (".PHP_OS.")<br>\
";
    echo "Aborting...<br>\
";
    exit(1);
    break;
  case ERROR:
";
    break;
  case WARNING:
";
    break;
    default:
    echo "Unkown error type: [$errno] $errstr<br>\
";
    break;
  }
}

// function to test the error handling
function scale_by_log ($fp) {
  if ( $fp < 0 )
    trigger_error("log(x) for x <= 0 is undefined, you used: fp
= $fp",
      FATAL);
    return 0;
}

// set to the user defined error handler
$old_error_handler = set_error_handler("myErrorHandler");

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/DBAbstraction/page10.html