Rescued: 66 black-anodized-steel PCs

Matthew Knight matt at reconstrukt.com
Wed May 28 12:18:56 EDT 2003

Hello all -

I rescued 66 anodized black PCs from a client's company, they were
deemed too slow for M$ applications and bloatware M$ OS.  The company is
a trading firm based out of NYC that develops trading portals for the
NYSE, these were once a part of their server farm.

The systems have a very small footprint, and are only slightly larger
than a shoebox.  They're roughly all the same inside, with specs
similiar to below:

Pentium I 90-233MHz or AMD compatible
16-128MB RAM
2GIG Hard Disk
Floppy
2 Serial
1 LPT
AT Style Motherboard

The black steel case is very solid and one-of-a-kind made specifically
for the company.  Everyone seems to like the look of this
all-anodized-steel "black box" - it's very sleek indeed.

In any case, I couldn't see throwing away 66 perfectly good computers...
Unfortunately, it seems recycling is mandatory for everything *but*
computers (go figure...)

If you would be interested in getting one, send me an email, off-list,
to matt at reconstrukt.com.

Thanks!

Matt

Matthew Knight