[nycphp-talk] need help understanding parsing difference

Michael Southwell southwell at dneba.com
Wed Nov 5 09:47:10 EST 2003

At 11:29 PM 11/4/2003, you wrote:
>out of curiousity, which approach did you opt for?

It was Keith who analyzed exactly what was happening:
$PRODUCTS[$here] --> Array
[ --> [
$j --> vib
] --> ]

Both the breaking out of quotation marks and Adam's { } "forced conversion"
work perfectly.  I had already figured out breaking the variable out, so I
just stuck with that.  Thanks again, guys.  And Brian, sorry about
misspelling your name.

> > Thanks, Keith, Bryan, and Adam, for your *very helpful* responses.
> >
> > At 01:59 PM 11/4/2003, you wrote:
> > >When $PRODUCTS[$here]["v1b"]="holster"
> > >and $j="v1b"
> > >echo "<a href=\"path/$PRODUCTS[$here][$j]\"... evaluates to
> > >path/Array[v1b] which is meaningless
> > >but echo "<a href=\"path/".$PRODUCTS[$here][$j]."\"... evaluates to
> > >path/holster which is correct (or to be more precise, what I wanted).
> > >Why this difference?  Thanks in advance.

DNEBA Enterprises
81 South Road
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403-1419
973/492-7873 (voice and fax)