[nycphp-talk] Function works, array_walk fails

soazine at pop.erols.com soazine at pop.erols.com
Wed Nov 5 10:26:47 EST 2003

I posted a problem on www.phpfreaks.com about the means of determining if a
function you write will work by using array_walk to test a collection of
parameters.  Though I can verify that my function works by using scalar
parameters, using array_walk completely fails to work (though it does
produce a "true" output upon execution).

The thread of my discussion, along with code and further explanation of my
methodology, can be found here:
http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/topic10189.php

I'm not in any major hurry, however, I would like to be able to
successfully use array_walk in the future and, so far, I cannot; every time
I use it the callback function never returns my changed value, even while
using a reference as a value parameter in the callback function (again, see
message thread).

Thanks
Phil