[nycphp-talk] favorite php site search implementation?

jessica kelly jkelly at sussex.edu
Thu Nov 6 11:15:15 EST 2003

I have one that I really like but it's a pearl search engine.

KSearch from KScripts http://www.kscripts.com .

Easy to set up & can be as powerful or as simple a search as you want it to be. Uses flat files but should be plenty fast for a 400 - 500 page site. It may be able to use MySQL as a db but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Sincerely,

Jessica Kelly,
SCCC Web Administrator
SCCC WebCT Administrator
jkelly at sussex.edu
973-300-2148
1 College Hill,
Newton, NJ 07860

>>> csnyder at chxo.com 11/6/03 12:38:13 AM >>>
I need to provide an extremely user-friendly search function for a
website of 200-400 pages.
Normally I'd go with Google's free site search, but this can't have any
branding, and the custom packages are too expensive.

If I were building it myself, I would probably write a front-end to
MySql's fulltext index...
Has anyone done a search engine recently? Any favorite scripts/classes
out there?

    csnyder