[nycphp-talk] php-java on linux, weird behaviour...

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Thu Nov 6 12:19:59 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Kerem Tuzemen wrote:

> alternating. BTW, PHP calls to Java looks working perfectly since I don't
> have any problems when accessing java.lang.System properties.
> Any suggestions? Do you see anything that I'm missing or I should test?

The Java extension? Ugh. Thar be dragons. I hate to say that there's
really been no activity on this bridge in a year or two, so I'm not
surprised if you encounter bugs. Personally, I find it a miracle that
you can get get java.lang.System to work. :)

I can also tell you that any future Java extension development will be
PHP 5 only. So, unless you're providing patches, I wouldn't look for
any updates on the 4.x branch.

Sorry I don't have anything helpful to add here.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!