[nycphp-talk] application logic in stored procedures

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Nov 7 12:51:34 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Hans Zaunere wrote:
> > felix zaslavskiy wrote:
> > > how people made decisions on wheather they needed stored procedures
> > > on basis of their project requirements.
> >
> > It's a tough call.  I still have not been romanced by PGSQL, but
> > certainly see it's value.  As a side note, we'll be having a great
> > presentation on PGSQL from one of the core developers in Jan or Feb.

I see the MySQL dudes plan to add stored procs in 5.0 and triggers in 5.1,
so the arms race continues (got to maintain the balance of terror!).

I wonder when the PGSQL dudes plan to make it a little easier to play with
PGSQL on Windoze systems.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/
Email: If you're not already whitelisted, see http://dmintzweb.com/whitelist.php first!
ATTN Everybody: dmintz at panix.com will be unplugged as of 01-Dec-2003! Please use dmintz at davidmintz.org

	"Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?"

		Sopranos 24:17