[nycphp-talk] application logic in stored procedures

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.org
Fri Nov 7 13:52:10 EST 2003

David Mintz wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com wrote:

>>>It's a tough call.  I still have not been romanced by PGSQL, but
>>>certainly see it's value.  As a side note, we'll be having a great
>>>presentation on PGSQL from one of the core developers in Jan or Feb.

> I see the MySQL dudes plan to add stored procs in 5.0 and triggers in 5.1,
> so the arms race continues (got to maintain the balance of terror!).
>
> I wonder when the PGSQL dudes plan to make it a little easier to play with
> PGSQL on Windoze systems.

There was some discussion at the conference on this topic actually.  From what I understand, PGSQL sees that Windows will not be worth supporting for real production deployment and so it'll most likely be on the back burner.  In fact, a BSD family OS (like FreeBSD) is deemed the best environment for PGSQL.