[nycphp-talk] PHundamentals Topic #4: php.ini settings

Nasir Zubair lists at ny-tech.net
Wed Nov 12 21:11:09 EST 2003

Is there a specific reason for this? I mean for register_globals we
understand the risks involved, but why should the short tags not used? Just
wanting to clarify this.

> Session save path differences between Linux/Unix and Windows
> boxen (/tmp vs. c:\temp) or whereever you choose to save
> session info.
> Whether session cookies will be used, or not for some.

I tend to leave /tmp in place for session save path on my windows
installations and create a tmp directory in the root of the webserver's
drive. i.e. if apache is on D:, the /tmp will map to D:\tmp.