[nycphp-talk] PHP dominance on websites (Information Week article)

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Nov 13 11:59:56 EST 2003

> Some of these are technical issues, but most of them are not, and that, I
> think, is PHP's biggest weakness. There are a lot of brilliant

the first time I got caught in a PHP vs. Java debate it had mainly to do
with the fact that normally if there was a security issue it was forced up
fixing the virtual machine itself which meant you had to wait for Sun's
patch/rebuild.  I see more and more PHP security bugs come out everyday but
they are mainly XSS/SQL + other items which can't really pertain to the PHP
language itself but it will still get the rap, because of the coding I
guess(?) ... but alot of the "PHP sucks" people I speak w/ have issues with
the eyeball  popping debugging and the security still, yet its funny that
they will still sit and wait for patches before continuing work.

- jon