[nycphp-talk] AMP "marketing document"

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Fri Nov 14 09:33:16 EST 2003

Michael Southwell wrote:

> I'm in on this

Hi Michael,

I'll prime the pump by starting on the Executive Summary section next
week.  The document needs to be concise and minimally technical (a
handful of pages to begin with is ok).  The process should help to get
the contributors in marketing-mode.  There's some very heavy techies on
NYPHP (not to mean horizontally challenged :) and I'm always learning
from them.  Here's an opportunity for those folks to sharpen their
marketing skills -- and to remind the contributors to back off the
technical.

First question should be: "Who's the audience?"

I think taking it offline after this would minimize noise on the lists.
Do you want it in HTML first?  I figured you'd be in the better position
to drop it where belongs for others to comment.

Since I'm throwing the first pitch, I'll take the "you're off-base" hits
  from people.  It's all about process.

John

btw, use the jlacey at beopen.biz address -- thanks