[nycphp-talk] handling vague dates.

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Oct 1 13:45:13 EDT 2003

What you want to do involves setting up some 'fuzzy' sets
for use with 'fuzzy' logic.
e.g
 "early in the week" is in the set of ('Mon', 'Tue' )
 "middle of the week is in the set of ('Tue', 'Wed'. Thu')
    "end of the week is in the set of ( 'Thu', 'Fri')

Typically such sets are used for queries (instead of input)
like "What do I have scheduled for the "end of the week"?

However you could associate a key phrase like "mid-week" for
input.

T. Gales & Associates
Helping People Connect with Technology
http://www.tgaconnect.com