[nycphp-talk] Ok let me ask a better question

Chris Hubbard chris at wildcharacters.com
Mon Oct 6 15:15:56 EDT 2003

Phil,
You are correct you don't have to prove anything to anyone.
However if you are requesting help, then you should plan on making the
request in a way that people are likely to provide help and not grief.  If
the request even hints that you haven't done "sufficient" research first,
then you're likely to get grief.  If you spend a couple minutes in the first
email explaining what you have done and what you have tried, then it's
likely that you'll get your question answered.  Think about the time you've
spent on this thread.  If you had provided a "better" request, then you
would have saved that time.

Words in quotes are to be considered very subjective.

Chris