[nycphp-talk] Syntax question (was handling forms (relative newbie))

David Mintz dmintz at panix.com
Mon Oct 6 16:59:47 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Analysis & Solutions wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:06:07PM -0400, David Mintz wrote:
> >
> > btw, if you want to embed $array["foo"] within a doble-quoted string...
>
> Also, use single quotes, unless you need the information therein to be
> evaluated, in which case you'd need double quotes.

Ah, good point.

BTW in the don't-trust-everything-you-read department: Hans just said any
book that says to say $array[elementname] should be reconsidered. Just
such a book is where I picked up the nasty habit back in the day.
Likewise, register_globals. I seem to recall in ancient times (4 years
ago?) reading PHP tutorials online that said, in substance, PHP is just
great because if you have a form element named "foo", then when the form
is submitted you automatically get its value available to you in $foo,
isn't that the coolest?

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/