[nycphp-talk] PHP and Instant Messenger -- was: time tracking apps ...

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Fri Oct 10 13:43:18 EDT 2003

jon baer wrote:

>i had envisioned an app a long time ago that could link
>your IM to your paypal account for consulting...

I read this and imagined a chat bot that listens for InstantMessages
from you, so you can tell it when you start and stop working on various
projects. It would generate an invoice with a PayPal link on request.

This would be excellently cool, but I don't think that's what you mean. :-)

I know we have people on the list that have written IRC bots in PHP (or
at least thought about it)... has anyone written an IM bot in PHP? It's
theoretically possible using a command line IM client...

    csnyder