[nycphp-talk] Nonexistent class error called by included script that has the class - WTF?

soazine at pop.erols.com soazine at pop.erols.com
Wed Oct 15 10:27:00 EDT 2003

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: dropdowngenerator in
../view_internship_applicant.html on line 123

viewinterns.php => requires html.inc which has DropdownGenerator class
viewinterns.php => will instantiate a new showApplicant class
viewinterns.php => will call upon the constructor to include the HTML file
below
viewinterns.php => then will include view_internship_applicant.html (which
is not really HTML but PHP - long story)
view_internship_applicant.html => will instantiate a new DropdownGenerator
class with dynamic parameters depending on where you
				  are in the "HTML" file

Line 123:

			$htmlDropdown = new DropdownGenerator('birth_month', 'birth_day',
'birth_year', 2);

Everything I research and understand tells me this should work, but I keep
getting the nonexistent class error, and I should not get it, it's totally
right there in the parent script thus included within the scope of the
child script as well and thus should exist.

Where did I go wrong now?

Phil