[nycphp-talk] Sorry guys, VERY bad coding night tonight!

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Wed Sep 3 04:01:32 EDT 2003

I need to store data into XML that, often enough, is not in English.  How have you guys dealt with characters not found in the English language like ä or é or å?  I have to store them as "å" in my XML file, however, whenever I am doing evaluation somehow the "å" gets converted literally to "å" and when that displays in HTML it chokes, puts garbage BACK into the XML file and it deteriorates further.

How can I ensure that when going back and forth between HTML, PHP and XML that "å" REMAINS "å" AS IS???

Thanx
Phil