[nycphp-talk] FUNDAMENTALS column announcement

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.org
Wed Sep 3 21:21:25 EDT 2003

Michael Southwell wrote:

> After a series of discussions among Hans, Jeff Siegel, and Mike Southwell,
> we are beginning a Fundamentals thread on the Talk list.  The purpose of
> the thread is to provide a way for the highly experienced among you to help
> out those who are less experienced by offering your insights into best
> practices.  The format will be as follows:
>         a) We will pose a problem or issue (sometimes with a possible
> solution or two).
>         b) The subject line of the posting will be "Fundamentals: <Name
> of problem>".
>         c) After some discussion on the list, the whole thread will be
> collected and
> turned into a brief article that will then be posted on the website.
>
> Your participation will help to make this a success.

This will be a great addition to the mailing list, and PHP resources in general.  I hope everyone will be eager to weigh in and voice their techniques for the various topics.  There truly are no wrong answers, and with everyone's techniques and opinions will come a valuable lesson.  As the topics are posted on this list, I'll be maintaining a current news event on the nyphp.org front-page so that people can stay abreast of the current discussion topics.

A big thank you to you both for working on this over the last month,