[nycphp-talk] FUNDAMENTALS #1: Site Structure

Sexton, David David.SextonJr at ubs.com
Thu Sep 4 11:10:02 EDT 2003

True. I guess it's actually a moot point since we're talking about security
in general. Whether you place your files in one directory or another... if
someone gains significant access to the box, you're exposed. Then again,
someone gaining FTP access using brute force could download the PHP source
code if it's in a readable directory, and considering many hosts grant FTP
access to your webroot, it would be safer to place the files somewhere else.