[nycphp-talk] FUNDAMENTALS #1: Site Structure

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Thu Sep 4 11:23:09 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 08:09:29AM -0700, Chris Shiflett wrote:
> I guess the answers could break down into three categories:
>
> 1. I place my includes under document root for convenience, and I'm not aware
> of any problems that could cause.
> 2. I understand the risk in doing so, but I still place my includes under
> document root.
> 3. I place my includes outside of document root. It is a simple task, and it is
> at least more secure than doing otherwise.

I typically name my includes with .inc extensions and set Apache to
not serve those files directly. This is both relatively convenient and
relatively secure.

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com