[nycphp-talk] A Cautionary Tale & then a question...

Jeff Knight jeffknight at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 11:40:20 EDT 2003

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 11:30  AM, Chris Snyder wrote:

> Waitaminit!
>
> What if the version of PHP on the new server didn't support $_REQUEST?
> And had register_globals turned on?
> I think you might get those results, then, eh?

Since Hans is the administrator of the server, I highly doubt that that
is the case.

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 11:27  AM, Chris Snyder wrote:

> If that's an "outside world" setup, I think I'm happy to stay in my
> own little self-contained niche where I can declare an array
> implicitly.
> As far as I can tell, your original code would work on my servers.

Events will always conspire to ensure that you will eventually come to
regret not maintaining portability. Machines get fried, ISP's go out of
business, somebody somewhere spills a drink and BAM! you've got to do
the little dance.

Jeff Knight
jeff at lushmedia.com
212/213-6558 x 203