[nycphp-talk] FUNDAMENTALS #1: Site Structure

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Sep 5 20:22:23 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:27:03PM -0400, Brian Pang wrote:

> Using .inc is just way too confusing for me, so mine all get .php
> .inc doesn't tell me what language I'm dealing with, nor does it give
> good syntax coloring, at least not automatically.

Confusing to me is wondering if a file named "a.php" is a script which is
going to be viewed/executed or is just a bunch of included functions.

> Regarding portability, at the beginning of every file I put
> require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/LIB.php");

And if your files are not in the document root and the tree structure
differs between the development machine and the server?

> where LIB.php sets some variables for me, like the location of includes,
> images, functions, webroot/domainname, classes, etc. as $INCLUDES,
> $FUNCTIONS, $IMAGES, $WEBROOT, etc

Nice.

--Dan

... snipped rest to save bandwidth and storage, the nice thing to do...

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/