[nycphp-talk] First Big Client

Mark Withington mwithington at PLMresearch.com
Sat Sep 6 14:12:01 EDT 2003

Here are some [probably obvious] thoughts:

I would suggest thinking _not_ in terms of functionality (e.g. Content
Management, Groupware, etc.) but rather value.  Bluntly stated, what will
the _output_ of all this stuff do for your client.  How much money will they
save?  How many more prospects will it uncover?  How much faster will it
increase their cash cycle?  In the perfect world, your invoice should be
only slightly less than the value all of these combined - the delta being a
function of client management...remember (pardon the crude analogy) the
difference between rape and making love is salesmanship!

--------------------------
Mark L. Withington
PLMresearch
"eBusiness for the Midsize Enterprise"