[nycphp-talk] Script terminates after certain amount of time period

Anirudh Zala xml at aumcomputers.com
Mon Sep 8 07:42:23 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am facing 1 problem of script termination by browser. My problem is:

My php script generates PDF document that takes approx 2 mins to generate 1.5 MB PFD depending upon criteria, But if i choose more data and when PDF size is to be needed more than 2 MB and higher, browser says "The page cannot be displayed" after few mins, ie php scripts is terminated. However i don't get any php error like "Maximum executon time over" or "Memory size limit exceeded" etc. I have used "set_time_limit();" to increase script execution time but it is not working, also i have tried "sleep()" to delay program execution but it is not also working, or may be it is to be used in another way but i am sure i am using it in proper way.

Hence is there any other way to keep my browser happy, when it is time to execute long process and to generate heavy output file by executing any script from browser ?

Thanks,

Anirudh Zala