[nycphp-talk] Sneaking in unwanted characters

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Wed Sep 10 16:19:20 EDT 2003

--- Jeff <jsiegel1 at optonline.net> wrote:
> My client doesn't want anyone who visits his website to enter an email
> address like www.me at mydomain.com.

Others have mentioned this, but that is a perfectly valid email address. Maybe
instead of spending time writing a regex to exclude some special case, you
should take the time to make sure your client understands what an email address
is. Is there a valid reason to exclude some email addresses and not others?
Why? Don't hesitate to question a client.

As a consultant, I would consider it my responsibility to do so.

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/