[nycphp-talk] Sneaking in unwanted characters

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Sep 11 01:26:26 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 03:34:55PM -0400, Jeff wrote:

> Somehow someone managed to sneak through an email address with a www at
> the beginning and I'm a bit puzzled as to how they managed to do it.

You posted the actual address later on in the thread.  What happens if you
put in that email address yourself?  Does it get through?

If so, then there's definitely a flaw in the code.  Perhaps the variable
being checked isn't the same as the one that gets used.

If not, maybe there's some other older version of the scripts laying
around that the person in question used.

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/