[nycphp-talk] recommend something CMS-ish

David Mintz dmintz at panix.com
Fri Sep 12 15:39:12 EDT 2003

Hey y'all.

Today I'm looking for recommendations for something that I guess they call
a Content Management System, a thing that will allow clients themselves to
edit their own HTML pages (or Smarty templates as the case may be) so I
don't have to do it, and without them having to have a shell or FTP
account on the shared server where their sites live -- i.e.,
browser-based. They should be able to upload, download, move/copy/delete
files and directories, and edit things in place as well (if they're
fearless and foolish like... some people).

If it's something that runs as me (as I imagine it will have to), then it
should also feature activity logging so we'll know whom to point the
finger at when something gets broken.

Setup should be reasonably easy, the appearance should be easy to
customize and it should cost, oh, I don't know, how about US$0.00 ?

I've read a little about PostNuke and it seems like a 250-pound Swiss army
knife -- but if it's just monsterously fabulous, OK I'll take it.

I'm doing some homework at
http://www.thefreecountry.com/php/contentmanagement.shtml but I thought
I'd ask here as well.

Thanks.