[nycphp-talk] FUNDAMENTALS - Virtual Hosting on Windows

Daniel Kushner nyphp at websapp.com
Mon Sep 15 08:12:42 EDT 2003

> We're at the final version for the article on virtual hosting
> (See v. 1.4 at:
> http://cvs.nyphp.org/cvsweb.cgi/fundamentals/virtual_hosting.txt ) and

There is still a tight connection between the original document root and the
virtual host document roots. Quote:
"Therefore, different projects will be in their own subdirectories under
/var/www/html"

This may be misleading and inaccurate. VirtualHost 1 can have a document
root: /home/var/www and VirtualHost 2 can have a document root:
/var/dev/site. Projects or Virtual Hosts are not necessarily sub directories
of the original document root.

> the question has come up concerning doing virtual hosting on a Windows
> server in a development environment.
> So.......we're looking for volunteers to write this piece of the
> article. Who's ready to "step up to the plate"?

Windows Apache has the same httpd.conf and therefore there is not
difference.

--Daniel