[nycphp-talk] Fatal error when trying to connect to db using DB/MySQL

Peter Lehrer pl at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 15 13:12:02 EDT 2003

Hi,
I have PEAR and DB installed on my Windows 98 box and I get an error message when trying to use the
DB/mysql.php function db_connect:

include_once("DB/mysql.php");
$dbh = db_connect(array($db_host,$db_user,$db_password));
if (!$dbh) {
 die("Cannot connect to database");
}

The error message is:

Fatal error: Class db_common: Cannot inherit from undefined class pear in C:\php\pear\DB-1.3\DB\common.php on line 29

I checked line 29 of common.php and there is:

"class DB_common extends PEAR"

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have installed PEAR-1.0 and DB-1. Both are installed in the directory
C:\PHP\pear

Yours,

Peter Lehrer