[nycphp-talk] web store + Linkpoint API

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Sep 17 11:46:19 EDT 2003

If you go to the oscommerce site and click on read the
weekly summaries there is a menu item called 'Workboard'

There is an item: 49

================================
register_globals Compatibility

The requirement to have register_globals enabled will be
removed.

Part of this would have been done in Milestone 3 where the
session logic is updated to class.
==================================

There is a target of 2.2-MS4
(I interpret this to mean they will remove the
'register_globals dependency in Milestone 4 -- they are at
Milestone 2 now and nobody is assigned to the task)

You can see the bug list at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=tep-bugs

Here is an example:
=======================
New Comment from johan_awouters at pa... @ 09/17/2003 06:39:28

 Is this still a problem?

 Can this be related to the effect that the sessions are
lost all the time?  It's strange that the osCsid is not
always appended to the URL. That's way the  session is lost
and the shopping cart is empty. However, if you manually
copy-paste the osCsid, the shopping cart is displayed again
correctly.

 Is this because we are working with a milestone version?

It looks to me as if the session ids maybe open to capture
by a malicious intruder.

T. Gales & Associates
Helping People Connect with Technology
http://www.tgaconnect.com