[nycphp-talk] problem with authentication ( apache)

Cdave77 at netscape.net Cdave77 at netscape.net
Wed Sep 24 08:36:55 EDT 2003

In apache i have created passward file and also placed .htaccess in my folder.still i am not getting any popup window for login and password.

please help !!

Linux Red 8.0
======
this is in my .htaccess file

AuthType Basic
AuthName "By Invitation Only"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/passwords
Require user testuser

====
already have file called passwords in /usr/local/apache/passwd with testuser in it .

another question , what should i keep as my folder's Permission .is 755 okay ?

Thanks