[nycphp-talk] NYPHP List Reorganization?

David Mintz dmintz at panix.com
Thu Sep 25 17:35:14 EDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Tim Gales wrote:

> Another problem with telling people to Google for the
> answers to their questions is, as Jeff Siegel pointed out,
> they may have trouble expressing what the problem is.
>
> Along the same lines, if they are new to the language they
> may have trouble sifting through all the stuff that comes
> back from a Google query to find what is relevant to them.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a presentation idea in there: "The Art of
RTFM/STFW"

One could start by sort of logging a few incidents of successful
RTFM/STFW, i.e., that didn't result in posting any question, and there
you'd have a few examples. I could contribute a little story about how I
learned how to sort multidimensional arrays all by myself today (well ok,
with a little help from Google when
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.array-multisort.php didn't do it for
me)

---