[nycphp-talk] .htaccess and php includes

David Vogel davevgl at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 09:45:02 EDT 2003

Morning all,

I just tried a little test:
>From a file in a public directory I included a file located in a file
that is restricted with .htaccess.  I was hoping that I might be asked
to authenticate, but instead the file was included normally.

So, is there any way to make php use apache's authentication in this
kind of situation?

Don't knock yourselves out over this, I should probably figure out a
different way to accomplish my goals here anyway, I was just curious.

Thanks,
Dave