[nycphp-talk] .htaccess and php includes

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Sep 26 10:50:48 EDT 2003

Hi David:

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 06:45:02AM -0700, David Vogel wrote:

> I just tried a little test:
> From a file in a public directory I included a file located in a file
> that is restricted with .htaccess.  I was hoping that I might be asked
> to authenticate, but instead the file was included normally.

When a PHP script is executing and the script is asked to include files ON
YOUR server, those file accesses will be made via the operating system,
not the web server.  Thus, .htaccess has no role to play.

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/