[nycphp-talk] email list sign-up

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Fri Sep 26 11:58:22 EDT 2003

It's true that SpamAssassin will tag many messages of that type as spam.

Yet Mailman's confirmations, which are essentially the same thing,
aren't tagged as spam. Take a look at a confirmation message from
Mailman, such as you might receive when signing up for this list, and
ask yourself why? Pay attention to the headers and the amount of
information included in the message.

When you are ready to start testing your application, sign up for an
email account that is protected by SpamAssassin, or use one of the many
test scripts out there that will run an email through the filters to see
how it scores. It isn't too hard to come up with an honest format. After
all, this kind of opt-in is exactly what your application should be doing.

    csnyder