[nycphp-talk] PHP and Cookies.. AGAIN!

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Mon Sep 29 01:30:29 EDT 2003

ok I have a question maybe this might help
if you have $_COOKIE['nordicnet_registration'] that is a session cookie in path '/'
 you also have a cookie $_COOKIE['nordicnet_bestilling'] that is a 24-hour timed cookie in path '/'
what is the behavior of BOTH cookies?

I need to know this because the scope of the "bestilling" cookie is to be a 24-hour timed cookie used in the shopping cart process.  However, the scope of the cookie has been erratic.  If I as a user order an item, it adds it to my cart db, however, the bestilling_id is not the correct value; it turns out to be the value of the deleted cookie of the prior session!

Can someone help make sense out of this?  I am having cookie trouble again in PHP.

Phil