[nycphp-talk] phpAdsNew

Ophir Prusak lists at prusak.com
Tue Apr 6 17:36:56 EDT 2004

I tried using phpadsnew a long time ago and it was to much of a load.

I installed it again and have been using it for about 3 months now.
I did everything the manual said to do for best performance and it's
actually been pretty good so far.
I have a server at rackshack (ev1 servers now): celeron 1.3 with 1gig ram.
The server is running apache, mysql and phpadsnew.
Apache is serving about 100k page views a day and phpadsnew is serving
about 30k ads a day.

I do not notice any slowdown of my pages and the ads appear very fast.
(you can see it at http://www.stationplay.com in the left sidebar).
The server load usually is between 0.4 to 0.8

If you read the phpadsnew forums (which are still pretty active) you'll
see people who server over 1 million ads a day using phpadsnew.

How many ads a day do you need to support?

Ophir