[nycphp-talk] problems with pear stuff

Greg Faber greg at click3x.com
Fri Apr 9 13:09:16 EDT 2004

hey pallies!

I just tried to implement recipe # 12.11 from Adam's Cookbook re: RSS
feeds. I downloaded the following php files from pear:
parser.php, tree.php, tree/node.php and rss.php but I get the following
errors:

Warning: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in /var/www/html/XML/Parser.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
(include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in
/var/www/html/XML/Parser.php on line 21

now, I checked and the pear.php is in usr/share not usr/share/php , but
I don't know if that's necessarily the cause of the error. If you have
any idea (which, honestly, I bet you do) please help me. This is my
first incursion into pear territory...

thanks for your time!
greg