[nycphp-talk] password strength enforcement

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Sun Apr 11 18:17:16 EDT 2004

Just FYI, this is what is meant by "brute force" and you are right alot of
*crackers* allow you to adjust the amount of digits which *must* appear in
the password, BUT to prevent this type of cracking you do *not* want to
publicize what your password policy is ... alot of signup forms make this
terrible presumption that guys signing up to a form are legit people when in
fact if you have an error message like:

password:
* must use 3 digits
* must be 6 - 8 characters long (or max)

You kinda give away alot of info :-)