[nycphp-talk] JPEGs and metadata

Marc Antony Vose suzerain at suzerain.com
Sun Apr 11 20:48:21 EDT 2004

Hi there:

This really only marginally has anything to do with PHP, although I
will want to read this stuff in PHP.

I know Photoshop (and other image editors) are capable of adding
metadata to images, kind of like ID3 tags, but I'm not sure if that
is proprietary.  I've done a bit of research, and I can't seem to
tell if there is an industry standard for this sort of thing.

I need to build multiple galleries as part of an archival project,
and normally I have been storing credit/caption/copyright as separate
data in a database or a serialized text file, but I am wondering if
there is a way I can just tag that data onto the file itself?  It
seems to me that would be much slicker, in some ways...

Any thoughts?

--
Marc Antony Vose
http://www.suzerain.com/

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.
-- David Shaw