[nycphp-talk] password strength enforcement

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Mon Apr 12 16:39:30 EDT 2004

That is a good point, the question is *who* would be deemed the
authoritative figure when it comes to web application security?  Micro$oft?
$un?  Id like to see a Security section on http://phundamentals.nyphp.org/
covering it and other topics (XSS, Passwords, Authentication, CrackLib, etc)

There are some called Authentication Policies that are good reads:

http://www.sans.org/resources/policies/Password_Policy.pdf

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2196.txt?Number=2196
http://www.sans.org/resources/policies/?printer=Y#primer

Im sure some information can also be abstracted from Security+/CISSP exam
guides.

- Jon