[nycphp-talk] Is it worth learning Python too?

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Wed Apr 14 12:18:59 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 10:56, jon baer wrote:
> Everyone seems to talk about Zope/Plone/Python and im trying to figure out
> if its worth learning and worth applying to CMS-based stuff I have now ...

I would say that is not a good "reason" to learn.

I got interested in python by seeing the gentoo portage system and it is a very powerful language.
In my experience though, I would recommend learning "lower" level languages instead of additional
higher level languages. I.e. learn c, it is not a far shot once you have php down.

-joel