[nycphp-talk] PHP5 and SQL Lite...thoughts?

Marc Antony Vose suzerain at suzerain.com
Thu Apr 15 19:37:07 EDT 2004

Hey everyone:

Just beginning to think about this stuff as I will probably take the
opportunity to make my classes more rigid inside the new PHP5 class
structure, and think a little better about how they're set up, and so
forth.  Unlike many of you, I don't have the luxuries of large
development teams inside a large organization, because I am dealing
with very small clients (usually non-profit), and so I have to
structure things as simply as possible for myself, to just save
myself time.

I am not using PHP5, nor will I until the actual final version has
been out for quite a while.  But, I stay on top of what's happening
and had some questions for people who have played with a little.

Specifically, what does everyone think of the bundling of SQL Lite
into PHP5?  My own publishing framework has been based on MySQL/PHP,
but I was beginning to investigate the advantages of SQL Lite for
small projects, and specifically how it integrates with PHP5.

Cheers,

--
Marc Antony Vose
http://www.suzerain.com/

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in
higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
-- Nietzsche