[nycphp-talk] PHP5 and SQL Lite...thoughts?

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Thu Apr 15 20:34:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Marc Antony Vose wrote:

> Specifically, what does everyone think of the bundling of SQL Lite
> into PHP5?  My own publishing framework has been based on MySQL/PHP,
> but I was beginning to investigate the advantages of SQL Lite for
> small projects, and specifically how it integrates with PHP5.

SQLite is great when you're doing mostly database reads. If you're
writing lots of data, then it's not so hot.

The big advantage of SQLite is that there's no database to administer,
so it's always available. If you want to try it out, there's a version
in PECL that works with PHP 4.3.

Sorry I can't write more right now, but I'm using a weird keyboard, so
typing is slow. :)

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!