[nycphp-talk] [ot] Building Linux Kernel

John Lacey jlacey at att.net
Wed Apr 21 10:13:43 EDT 2004

>>The problem I have is in regards to modules ...

>>seems that everytime I
>>recompile pcmcia-cs and try to attach the new kernel to grub I get a nice
>>kernel panic every time and its using pretty much the same config file.

>>(this whole thing has to do with upgrading a HostAP driver for a new Seneo
>>wifi card which is requiring a new kernel, my RPM had this built in which is
>>fine but it wont work for him w/ this card).

found a couple of items googling (seems others had issues too)

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-August/003897.html
(at the bottom, it references a Senao card)

and the response...

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-August/003898.html

btw, the writeup I mentioned won't help with this specific
problem, since it appears from the msgs that the kernel is being
built 'successfully'

John